Sunday, January 13, 2008

Top Pot Doughnuts


After reading about the savvy savorer's post about Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland I found myself longing for the best doughnut I could find in Seattle. Top Pot has to win that award. Offering 19 varieties, fresh coffee and espresso, and a host of souvenir items for people who love t-shirts, plates, and hats Top Pot is an easy place to love. Its sort of the Dicks of donuts.

Opening in 2002, Top Pot's original store was in Capitol Hill. The popularity of their sugary product allowed expansion to two other locations (Downtown on 5th Ave, and Wedgwood). Fortunately, for those of us who love them, there are a number coffee shops and stores around town that stock their donuts too. I've even bought them Harborview's cafeteria.

My favorite of their offerings is the blueberry cake. Served on a cute 1940s style plate with a two baker logo. Lightly frosted, not too sweet, dense though light cake - delicious. The freshly pressed espresso is pretty good too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno... have you tried Mighty O?

http://www.mightyo.com/

Anonymous said...

Great post! I’m looking to make some changes in my own eating habits, so I appreciate your insight a lot! Thank you. I recently stumbled upon this blog like I did yours and I thought your readers may appreciate it: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/food-for-thought/

I’ve started to look for their stuff more regularly and I think I’m going to add your blog to my list as well. Thanks for the post!

-Amy

Hillary Clinton Deathwatch