Saturday, November 24, 2007

Inspired

A couple of my friends/work colleagues recently moved to Toronto. They left Seattle for the prosperous land of Canada for better jobs and a more cosmopolitan way of life. Both being foodies they quickly set their sights on ferreting out the better places to eat in the city and began a blog cataloging their introduction to food in Toronto. (For those interested in their thoughts, a link to the blog is listed at the right.)

The blog got me thinking about the best meals I've eaten over the last 10 years or so. At the end of the exercise I had a list memorable places all of which most people would hardly classify as "restaurants." But they were all places run by hard working people who were as committed as to providing a memorable eating experience as any critically acclaimed restaurant.

Cheapness is in the eye of the beholder but in my mind escaping from dinner for less than $10 a person is pretty damn good. What follows are memorable places that in my opinion epitomize the provision of great cheap food.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Hillary Clinton Deathwatch